Indiefy is a platform created for independent artists to share new music on Spotify and the most relevant platforms around the world with our digital music distribution services.
Taking the above into account, there is certain content that we cannot distribute or that can be distributed with limitations in some stores or territories depending on the particularities of each case. Releases can be reopened or rejected if it falls into any of the following issues:
- Traditional content: Refers to music that is characteristic of certain countries or regions. This can include national anthems, children's songs or rhymes, music of oral tradition, among others.
- Generic content: This can be tracks that are built only with samples and loops without many modifications/edits, tracks that are too short (less than 1 minute), white noise, sounds of nature, among others.
- Religious content: Includes sacred music, praises and any type of songs used in the tradition of any religion from anywhere in the world. On the contrary, religious music can be accepted as long as it is new and original.
- Holiday music: These are songs or music related to specific seasons or celebrations such as Christmas carols or any other celebration from anywhere in the world.
- Public Domain: Includes works by authors whose date of death exceeds the time established by the applicable copyright laws in each country, also includes traditional music, among others. This content can sometimes be accepted as long as they are reinterpretations with arrangements and recordings of the artist/performer´s own.
If your release is reopened for these reasons you will need to check that you have the right to do so however Indiefy may reserve the right to post this type of content.
Please sign in to leave a comment.