Stripe is a financial and software company that offers mostly payment processing software services for e-commerce (websites and mobile applications). It is the most used payment method to purchase online and it now offers the option to receive payments for users on different sites like Indiefy.
Stripe allows you to add a bank account using your bank account details to receive your royalties directly there for lesser fees per transaction in the most secure way.
It is very easy to set up your Stripe account so you can receive your payments. You only need to follow the next steps:
1. Go to your account settings clicking on your profile image on the top right corner of your dashboard.
2. You will see the new option for stripe and the option "create". Click there:
3. A new tab will open where you will be able to create your Stripe account. Select your country code, type your mobile number and email address. Click on next.
4. Have your cellphone at hand since you will receive a verification code via SMS. Insert the code to continue:
5. Type and confirm your bank account details:
6. You will see your banking information. Click on "done" if it is correct.
7. You will go back to your account settings and you will get the notification that your account on Stripe is setup:
IMPORTANT TO HAVE IN MIND:
-In some cases, Stripe will ask for information about the account representative. If this is the case you can indicate it is either a personal business or a company. For most cases, the first option suits best. Only mark the option of a company if you are legally registered with the corresponding taxing/commerce authority as a studio, record label, or similar in your country since stripe will ask for the legal document for verification.
-The first payment may stay on hold on your Stripe account for some days before it drops in your bank account. Next payments will drop after 24 hours.
-Stripe is only available in some countries so if it is not on yours please click here to find more info on what can you do
Countries where Stripe is supported:
Trinidad and Tobago