YouTube has, similar as Instagram and Spotify, a possibility for artists to get their channel verified as an "official artist channel". Not only does this let everybody know you’re legit and verified, but it also gives you access to more features to promote your music. Official artist channels can be recognized by the small musical note next to an artist's channel. Exciting? Read a bit further to find out how you can get one!
Why should I have an official artist channel?
An official artist channel offers:
- Organized content: The Official Artist Channel layout automatically organizes your discography into an album section and your Official Music Videos into a new playlist. You have the option to move, delete and re-add either of these auto-generated music sections from your channel.
- Promotional content: Choose what you want to highlight in the featured video slot.
- Fan engagement: One verified and official channel where you can directly reach and interact with your fans on YouTube.
If you have a Basic account, it is necessary to upgrade to PRO.
If you have a PRO subscription, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Own and operate a YouTube channel that represents one artist or band
- Have at least 3 official releases on YouTube delivered and distributed by Indiefy.
This process can take from 3 - 4 months to be completed, so don’t let the long wait discourage you!